At Murphy Family Funerals, we pride ourselves on our quality of service. Our caring staff can provide the following services to our clients and families;
The careful transfer of your loved one from their home, nursing home or hospital, to Murphy Family Funerals. Any time, day or night, anywhere in Australia.
The funeral arrangements can be made in the comfort of your own home or in any of our professional offices, at the convenience of your family.
During the funeral arrangements, we will help you to organise:
- The venue for the funeral service (your church, the chapel at the crematorium, at the graveside, any public venue such as a hall or even a favourite park)
- The celebrant / minister / priest to perform the funeral service on behalf of the family
- Death and Funeral notices for newspapers, radio and community newsletters
- Notification to the office of Medicare
- Notification to the office of Centrelink
- Notification to the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Requesting a Certified Death Certificate to be issued to the relevant member of the family (being Next of Kin, Executor, Solicitor etc)
- Assisting your family in the preparation of the relevant legal documentation through the Health Department or Coronial services
- Notification to the relevant social, service and community organisations
- Floral arrangements for the day of the funeral service
- Music selections for the funeral service, at no cost.
- Video and still photography for a commemorative presentation through the funeral service or as a family keep-sake after the service
- Viewing time for the family, and embalming if required
- Mourning car for family transport on the day of the funeral service
- Venue for a wake
- Multi Social Media Management including digital and online funeral notices and personalised family tribute page
- Service sheets, bookmarks or memorial cards at the funeral service
- Photographic Tribute reflection video to be played at the service and a memorial keepsake version
- A memorial book for the attendees of the service to sign
- Coffin / Casket selection
Professional Fees $1400 - $4750
Coffin and Casket Range $1050 - $8000
Transfer inside the Shoalhaven Area – usual business hours Free
Transfer inside the Shoalhaven Area – Outside business hours $440
Transfer Wollongong – usual business hours $440
Transfer Sydney – usual business hours $550
Mortuary Care and storage up to 4 weeks Free
Viewing During Business Hours Monday - Friday Free
Music for your service Free
Medical Certificates for Cremation $220
Certified Death Certificate $70
Cremation Fees, Burial Licence and Interments, and Grave Digging at cost provided by supplier.
Cremations in the Shoalhaven area are conducted at Shoalhaven Memorial Gardens and Lawn Cemetery, Worrigee Road, Worrigee via Nowra, a facility operated by Shoalhaven City Council. The manager at this facility is Pamela Green, her contact details are 02 4429 5788 or [email protected]
Burials in the Shoalhaven area are conducted by Shoalhaven Memorial Gardens and Lawn Cemetery, Worrigee Road, Worrigee via Nowra, a facility operated by Shoalhaven City Council. The manager at this facility is Pamela Green, her contact details are 02 4429 5788 or [email protected] Operational cemeteries are located in Mollymook, Conjola, Worrigee, Nowra, West Cambewarra, Kangaroo Valley and Berry.
Our mortuary is located at 85 Plunkett Street, Nowra. These facilities are owned by Jakily P/L (Craig Murphy). Your loved one will be bought into our care as soon as possible and will be cared for by our staff at our mortuary facility. Your loved one will be conveyed to their final resting place in one of our hearses or refrigerated transfer vehicles owned by our company.
All prices are true and correct at date of publishing and will be applicable until 30th June 2022.
Weekend Arrangement Fees Est $770
After hours transfer in the Shoalhaven $440
Hearse fee to Wollongong $440
Hearse fee to Sydney $550
Mourning coach in the Shoalhaven $350
Life Tributes Package $550
Extra Order of Service with Life Tributes Package $2.50each
Order of Service booklets – 4 page $3.50each
Order of Service booklets – 8 page $4.50each
Bookmarks as per design
Photographic Tribute $330
External venue Audio Visual Set up with screens Est $665
External venue livestream and recording $1250 - $4000
Funeral Supplier Fees
Celebrant Est $485
Minister $225 - $550
Florist At Cost
Print Notices At Cost
Radio Notices At Cost
Funeral Supplier Fees are correct at the time of publishing. These fees and charges may vary at the direction of the supplier.